Monday, July 07, 2008

Good luck, goodbye Bobby Jean


Well I came by your house the other day,

your mother said you went away

She said there was nothing that I could have done

There was nothing nobody could say

Me and you weve known each other

ever since we were sixteen

I wished I would have known

I wished I could have called you

Just to say goodbye Bobby Jean



Now you hung with me

when all the others turned away

turned up their noise

We liked the same music

we liked the same bands

we liked the same clothes

We told each other

that we were the wildest,

the wildest things we'd ever seen

Now I wished you would have told me

I wished I could have talked to you

Just to say goodbye Bobby Jean



Now we went walking in the rain

talking about the pain

from the world we hid

Now there aint nobody nowhere nohow

gonna ever understand me the way you did



Maybe you'll be out there

on that road somewhere

In some bus or train traveling along

In some motel room there'll be a radio playing

And you'll hear me sing this song

Well if you do you'll know

I'm thinking of you

and all the miles in between

And I'm just calling one last time

not to change your mind

But just to say I miss you baby,

good luck goodbye Bobby Jean

No comments: